Theoretical principles of forming the model of training law students in using information technologies in professional occupation
Kyiv National Linguistic University
Key words: lawyer, information technology, training, IT expertise, training system.
Ключевые слова: правовед, информационные технологии, профессиональная подготовка, ИТ компетентность, система подготовки.
Ключові слова: правознавець, інформаційні технології, професійна підготовка, ІТ-компетентність, система підготовки.
Theoretical foundations of the problems, touched upon in the article, were laid with scientific works of leading native and foreign scholars, dedicated to the problems of continuous professional training (S.U. Goncharenko, I.A. Zjazjun, V.G. Kremenj, T.I. Koval, N.G. Nichkalo, S.O. Sysoeva); theoretical and methodical grounds of modern IT in education (V.U. Bycov, A.F. Verlanj, A.M. Gurzhij, R.S. Gurevitch, M.I. Zhaldak, L.A. Kartashova, T.I. Koval, V.V. Lapinsky, Y.I. Mashbits, N.V. Morze, E.S. Polat, O.V. Spivakovsky, O.S. Fedortchuk, M.M. Sherman); theoretical and methodical approaches in teaching future lawmen (V.G. Androsjuck, S. Bocharova, O.M. Bandurka, G.M. Birjukov, V.L. Vasiljev, L.I. Kazmirenko, A. Konovalova, K. Levitan, V.S. Medvedev, V. Shepitjko, M.M. Sherman, G.O. Juhnovetz, G.H. Javorska, O.N. Jarmish).
In professional training one can distinguish such generalizing components:
- theoretical competence;
- practical competence.
It can be reflected with the scheme (Picture 2):
- Theoretical qualification means professional competences, which include: participation in working out drafts of laws, bylaws and legal acts; implementation of law inforcement in practical actions of sectoral, functional and territorial executive authorities; principles of general humanities, socio-economic, mathematical and natural sciences and ability of implementing them in their practical activity; nature, substance and meaning of legal and economic culture of the lawyer; nature and substance of general professional and special subjects; having sound knowledge in economic, civil, criminal, and administrative law; detailed knowledge of legislation; common knowledge in the fields of law, contiguous to the specialization; profound knowledge of practical aspects of implementing various fields of law, basic knowledge of accounting and tax law.
- Practical preparedness – skills in working out legal documents, carrying out legal examination of regulations, drawing professional legal conclusions and consulting, professional conducting suits, successful considering complaints and their handling, designing treaties (depending on specialization), competent analyzing founding documents; having broad legal outlook, fluency in foreign languages; ability for carrying out complete legal commission of a company (operations, treaties, licensing and conciliative documentation with state bodies, commissioning), getting ready regulatory and legal documents according to the functional duties of the lawyer as an office-holder; prompt and effective orientating in a new legal situation; systematic improving professional skills, studying legislation and practice of its implementation, orienting in special literature.
The problem of forming the competence of the modern lawyer means the necessity of choosing pedagogical and technical provision of teaching and educational process at the corresponding faculties of the establishments of higher education. The mentioned above is carried out with the aim of search and application of innovative technologies – effective ways, methods and means.
However, carrying out this idea in higher legal education is only possible provided there exists understanding the fact, that in the modern globalized informational world legal education is called not to only create competence, but also to contribute to developing the personality, responsible, first of all, for its own activity. Achieving this aim is possible under the condition of well-organized educational environment, which is to be grounded on the system approach, based on the innovative technologies both in the contents of education and the forms of its receiving. It can be attained under such conditions :
- introducing innovational educational technologies into educational process:
· using innovational educational technologies in the junior years of studying at the establishments of higher education, aimed at forming, together with other important qualities, motivation to continuous studying and professional occupation;
· using innovative educational technologies in the senior years of studying, mostly aimed at forming conscience of a personality with democratic world outlook, creating knowledge, abilities and skills of using IT for further professional activity; forming informational-communicative skills of intercourse with various categories of citizens;
- it is reasonable to direct introducing innovative educational technologies into professional training of scientific-pedagogical staff (holders of master’s degrees, postgraduate students) to form the consciousness of lawyers-scientists, lawyers-pedagogues, responsible for their own discoveries and introducing them into production or teaching process; ability to use innovational technologies with the aim of their further implementation in the scientific and professional activity;
- implementation of innovative educational technologies into the teaching practice of teachers-lawyers, especially through forming the skills of mastering innovational teaching technologies for their use in scientific and pedagogical activities.
Still, agreeing with the authors concerning the fundamental humanist paradigm, based upon the idea of person-centrism, we consider it to be necessary to amplify their conception. It is caused by the needs, resulting from continuous development of information society.
For instance, we agree with O.O. Denisova’s comment about the necessity for a lawyer to know how to use IT in his work and what judicial information systems have already been created and implemented. But wherever the lawyer is going to work, he needs common knowledge of IT, of the tendencies of computerization and іnformatisation, of information systems of enterprises, banks, public authorities, etc. Without it a lawyer cannot efficiently perform his duties and functions .
In addition, we support O.K. Golichenkov’s idea of objectivity of the quality of knowledge, including knowledge in the establishments of higher education. This category has both internal and external components .
Internal components of quality mostly characterize the work within the establishments of higher education. They permit to draw conclusions about the ability of the establishments of higher education to train a lawyer with certain competences. The scientist refers to them:
- teaching staff’s qualification;
- methodical support of the educational process: first of all, availability of syllabus, curriculums, textbooks, manuals, educational trajectories, technologies of high quality in the particular establishment of higher education; this set is to correspond to the educational standards and traditions of this establishment of higher education;
- level of the material and technical basis (libraries, including electronic resources, situational halls, multimedia equipment, reference searching systems in legislation, etc.);
- integration of legal education and legal science;
- integration of legal education and practice;
- integration of national and European (world) education in functioning of a particular establishment of higher education.
External (with respect to the institute of higher education) components of quality, which characterize, mostly, general policy and particular work of the state and society aimed at the proper support of the institute of higher education.
- In the first place, it means the presence of the system of selecting those, who enter the institute of higher education, ensuring equal access to legal education.
- In the second place, examining the level of “output” proficiency of the graduates (independent evaluating the quality – state “external” qualification exams).
- In the third place, retraining the legal staff.
We suggest such an addition to the internal factors:
- level of technical support (modern IT-devices and gadgets, which can be used by a lawyer in his professional activity);
- level of software or high quality access to its electronic version, including on-line (information legal systems, inquiry legal systems, specialized basis and data banks, digital educational resources, electronic teaching means, electronic means of applied legal function, etc.);
- integration of legal education, information technologies and foreign languages;
- integration of legal education and practice, information technologies and foreign languages.
External factors of the quality of training the lawyers can be supplemented with the following:
- compulsory external independent examining the would-be students in information technologies (unfortunately, it is not provided on the state level);
- estimating the level of integration of legal education, information technologies and foreign languages;
- compulsory estimating the level of IT competence of the graduates of the establishments of higher education (it is not provided on the state level yet);
Summing it up, we suggest a purpose-oriented pattern of professional training the would-be lawyers. This model embraces:
- the function of qualitative characteristics of the components of legal education (the arguments are the profession competence of scientific pedagogical staff, quality of the syllabus and competence of the students; infrastructure and educational environment);
- psychophysiological, physical and personal qualities of the specialist;
- indispensable set of professional competences,
- the system of professional training, containing theoretical, psychological, pedagogical and practical constituents.
In the conclusion to the investigation we see the necessity of adding such components to the pattern formed:
- indispensable set of professional competences and competences in information technologies;
- the system of professional training, which carries theoretical, psychological, pedagogical and practical components, and the system of training in the sphere of IT, which contains, correspondingly, theoretical, psychological, pedagogical and practical components.
Conclusion. Creating the design pattern of professional training of a future lawyer will enable us to maximum draw the content and process of learning activity of the students nearer to their future profession. Creating corresponding pedagogical conditions of the dynamic development of the students’ activity from educational to professional one with the corresponding change of requirements and motives, aims, actions, means and results in the process of professional training future lawyers has considerable potential in improving the quality of training specialists.
1. Бостан С. К., Бостан Л. М. Гуманістичні основи сучасного юридичного освітнього простору Із сайту "Бібліотека наукових статей" Розділ: Філологія - Вісник Запорізького національного університету [Електронний ресурс]. – Режим доступу : http://www.stattionline.org.ua/index.php/filologiya/79/13729-gumanistichni-osnovi-suchasnogo-yuridichnogo-osvitnogo-prostoru.html.
2. Денісова О. О. Інформаційні системи і технології в юридичній діяльності: навч. посібник. / О. О. Денісова – К. : КНЕУ, 2003. – 307с.
3. Какой юрист нужен современному обществу?": интервью с деканом Юридического факультета МГУ имени М.В. Ломоносова, доктором юридических наук, профессором А. К. Голиченковым [Електронний ресурс]. – Режим доступу: http://www.consultant.ru/edu/interview/view/golichenkov.
4. Стефанчук Р. Три проблеми університетської підготовки юриста Із сайту "Юридична газета" \ №46 (129) 15 листопада 2007 року [Електронний ресурс]. – Режим доступу : http://www.yur-gazeta.com/article/1372/